Tuesday, December 18, 2012

All Dressed Up With Somewhere to Go

This lot of photos are definitely one of my favourite shoots.  Even though I started this fashion blog, I am very critical about photos of myself.  Makes sense, right?  I end up taking so many, but only using a few.  Especially when it comes to my mum being the photographer.  She takes a lot of candid photos.  It's shocking, but a lot of the times I actually love them.  But she takes so many photos in general, that I have to weed through them.  This batch, there were a lot of pictures because of the gorgeous dress I'm wearing.

I hardly ever get to really dress up and go out places.  Sure, I dress in skirts and dresses with heels just to run errands and whatnot.  But I've never had the opportunity to wear a proper fancy frock.  So if you don't remember, I wore this gown to the Celtic Thunder concert.  Suffice to say I was overdressed, but I didn't care.  I saw my opportunity, and I took it.












Outfit Details:
1950s gown, shoes {thrifted}
1920s beaded bag, Cuban heel back-seam stockings {eBay}
 pearl earrings {gifted}
pearl bracelet {Mess Of A Dreamer Design}

The show was wonderful and it was amazing to meet the lads from Celtic Thunder.  It was also special to have the chance to go somewhere in a pretty dress.

Do you have any outfits that are just hanging in your wardrobe that you are longing to wear?  Do you get the opportunities to dress up often?  What sort of places do you wear your prettiest items to?








Want to see all the photos that didn't make the cut?  Check out my Facebook for a peak.

No comments:

Post a Comment