Thanksgiving ended up being quite nice, although a bit hectic. Mum and I spent all day cooking and baking (me being the genius that I am, did it in high heeled booties). It was really fun. I enjoy cooking and baking but don't do it that often myself since I live alone and also work second shift. It was just three of us for dinner but then my brother, his wife, and my nephew stopped by for desert. After they left Mum and I watched a bit of a film called Love at the Thanksgiving Day Parade. I've seen it already and it's a really cute movie.
1. Adorable vintage looking hand mirror from the Dollar Tree.
2. Handmade Christmas gift tags available here.
3. Gone With the Wind marathon on AMC.
4. Mummy holding me when I was a wee lass.
5. Thanksgiving day outfit; soaking up the sunlight.
6. Five homemade pies: 2 pumpkin, 1 lemon meringue, 1 apple, and 1 cran-apple.
7. The apple pie I made. I love the lattice work.
8. Lemon meringue pie.
9. Misty waking up from her nap.
10. Thanksgiving before the feast begins.
11. Thanksgiving outfit again, including the jumper and handbag.
12. My partner in crime, my mummy.
I'm so excited for my next day off on Tuesday. I'm going to be spending the day decorating my flat for Christmas. I love decorating for the different holidays or just in general. There's a house a few minutes away that is selling boughs from their pine trees so I'm going to get some, put a red ribbon on them, and hang them under each window. I also got a great CD yesterday full of old Christmas music from artists such as Billie Holiday, Ella Fitzgerald, Bing Crosby, Louis Armstrong, and others.
When do you normally decorate for Christmas?