Saturday, September 29, 2012

Black and White and Red All Over

I have so pretty exciting news...  But I'm going to wait to share it so as not to jinx anything.  This news came just at the right time because I've been kind of down lately.  It's just been emotionally draining around these parts the past week.  Then money has been a bit tight due to extra bills so I've just been stressed out.  So, I could definitely do with a little ray of sunshine about now.












Outfit Details:
vintage dress, vintage shoes, vintage handbag, belt {thrifted}
earrings {avon}
Claddagh ring {gifted}
vintage necklace, vintage bracelets {from my paternal grandmother}

Since I had off today, I drove the hour or so to Allentown to visit my grandmother's grave.  That was crazy.  There was horrible traffic and then I ended up missing my turn and got going the wrong way.  So a drive that should take a little over an hour took about two and a half hours.  Ridiculous.

Some family is coming down to visit next weekend and we are going to the Renaissance Faire.  That's always really fun.  I was originally going to rent a costume but then my mum found a nice one at Salvation Army.  It is really pretty but had a few mild stains and tears, but that's easily fixable.  Then I got a child's black velvet dress which I turned into a drawstring pouch to accompany my outfit.  It should be a grand time.  I'm looking forward to it.

Do you have a place like the Renaissance Faire that you like to dress up and visit?








Want to see what photos didn't make it onto the blog?  Head over to my Facebook for a gander.

No comments:

Post a Comment