Last Saturday I went to Blue Marsh Lake and did a vintage swimsuit shoot with Jacob Mast, whom I met at Reading's air show. He was sweet enough to drive up from DC to meet me and take some fabulous shots. I haven't seen all of them yet, but I've seen a few shots here and there that make me quite excited. I wore my two 1940s swimsuits that belonged to my grandmother as well as a 1950s and a 1960s thrifted suits.
Then on Sunday my friend took me to see his cousins perform in Legally Blonde the Musical. It was a lot of fun and really well done. His cousins were fantastic. Gotta love theatre geeks. I even wore a pink 1960s dress in honour of the event, which of course I forgot to take a photograph in.
1. The last Instagram post.
2. Trying to get inspiration for my vintage swimsuit shoot.
3. My grandma's vintage brooch- one of my favourites.
4. Made the latest issue of Dames, Planes, and Automobiles! Available here.
5. My four beautiful vintage swimsuits spanning from 1940s-1960s.
6. Hair, check. Makeup, check. Off to the shoot!
7. Striped fun in my grandma's 40s suit.
8. Some of the props I brought to the shoot.
9. 60s glam in Jackie O inspired sunnies.
10-11. Playing in the water in my other 40s suit that belonged to my grandma.
12. A teaser from the photographer in my 50s suit.
14. A lovely lace blue number.
15. Phoenix shirt. Gotta love X-Men.
16. Bilbo and Iron Man pens make doing work a bit nicer.
18. Friday's outfit post.
This weekend I wasn't feel super great so I spent it being lazy with some mates. So that will be how I'm spending the rest of my day today.
Hope you all had a good weekend.