Monday, January 28, 2013

2013 SAG Awards- Women's Edition

I am no fashionista, nor do I pretend to be.  I just know what looks I like.  I like clothing, though most of mine is thrifted vintage and some of these designers I am not too familiar with.  Now that we've got that out of the way...

Here we go!  A bit photo heavy, but here are my favourite dresses worn to the 2013 Screen Actors Guild Awards.  Some of these ladies I love to see act, some others I don't care for particularly but can't help but to admit how pretty they looked last night.  Warning!  This post will be a bit photo heavy.

The ladies are listed in alphabetical order, but I'll be revealing my top five after.

Amanda Seyfried in Zac Posen.
I absolutely adore how she paired this navy stunner with effortless waves and a diamond pendant.
 
Anne Hathaway in Giambattista Valli Haute Couture.
Anne is always the one to watch for me.  She has become a style maven and looks incredible in everything she wears.  Her make up and hair was impeccable.

Ellie Kemper in Reem Acra.
Ellie looked like a mermaid that just emerged from the sea in this dainty mint green lacy gown.

Jayma Mays in Georges Hobeika.
Jayma made the right move with pinning her hair up to show off the neckline on this lovely beaded dress.

Jenna Fischer in Jenny Packham.
Jenna shows that you don't have to show off your goodies to still look like a knockout.  There's just something indescribable about this gown that I love.

Jennifer Lawrence in Dior Haute Couture.
I'm torn about Jennifer personally, but I must admit she looked really lovely in this navy Dior number.  Her hair, make up, and jewelry were the perfect touches to finish off her old Hollywood look.

 Jennifer Garner in Oscar de la Renta.
Jennifer shows that even the girl next door can still look like a bombshell.  Hubby, Ben Affleck made her look complete.

Jessica Chastain in Alexander McQueen.
I didn't really care for Jessica's look at the Golden Globes, but I absolutely love how she looked last night.  The colour looked perfect on her and the other details were just the right touch.

Katrina Bowden in Badgley Mischka.
I don't really know Katrina's past fashion choices, but I love the design, built in belt, and sheer panel along the neckline.  Plus a little tulle never hurt anybody.

Michelle Dockery in Vintage Chado Ralph Ruccci.
Michelle threw Lady Mary out the window when she showed up in this classy, but sexy black gown with sheer side panels.  I know some people have been talking about the amount of side-boob shown, but I thought the high neck balanced it out well.

Naya Rivera in Donna Karan Atelier.
Naya's dress was really unique and beautiful to me.  The bodice was incredible.  I loved the cutout at the chest with the sheer panel keeping it tasteful.

Naomi Watts in Marchesa.
Naomi nailed it!  Need I say more?  She looked as if she just stepped out of the 1920s.  She is just absolute perfection.  Partner, Liev Schreiber made the look complete.

Sarah Hyland in Dolce & Gabbana.
Sarah looked fab in purple with just the right touch of accessories.

Tina Fey in Oscar de la Renta.
Tina also channeled the glamour trend successfully.  I love all the side parts with loose waves that the ladies were sporting.

My top five looks are Amanda Seyfried, Anne Hathaway, Jessica Chastain, Katrina Bowden, and Naomi Watts.  They just stood out for me the most on the red carpet.  I'm not too familiar with Katrina Bowden, but I adore the other four ladies.

Below are my honorable mentions, also in alphabetical order.  These ladies all looked lovely, but to me they didn't shine quite as brightly as the beauties above.

Elisabeth Moss in Dolce & Gabbana

Julianne Moore in Chanel Couture

 
Kerry Washington in Rodarte


Nicole Kidman in Vivienne Westwood

It seems the trends for last night were some that we saw previously at the Golden Globes: winter white, black, and my favourite- old Hollywood glamour.  When it comes to the old Hollywood glamour, Amanda Seyfried and Naomi Watts showed everyone how it's done.  They nailed the look with ease and grace.

Who were your favourite hits or misses from the SAGs?  Tomorrow I will be revealing the men that made the best arm candy for these here ladies.  Be sure to check back because there's just something incredibly sexy about a man in a great tailored suit.





No comments:

Post a Comment